The Do’s and Don’ts To Survive Holiday Parties
With so many tempting foods everywhere this holiday season, one cannot just simply look at them or stop yourself from eating those Holiday dishes at parties. There’s no blame for that, it’s the most wonderful time of the year and it happens only once. Of course, you can hope that you will not gain this holiday or take action on that goal. However, you can still enjoy the holiday if you take matters into your own hands. Below are some do’s and don’ts for the holiday bash.
- Do one serving rule. You can eat any food you like at the party as long as it’s only one serving. One serving of appetizer, only one serving of side dish, one serving of entrée and one serving of dessert. Although this is more than from what you normally eat, but if you didn’t play by the one serving rule, it is possible that you would eat multiple servings of all those holiday foods! There are also healthy holiday foods you can try for a healthier alternative.
- Do the one cocktail rule. One drink is really tough at a party. But if you don’t want to gain extra weight this season, the trick is to stick one glass of wine. The more you drink, the more you will lose the inhibitions and that is when you could go crazy with the food and see the goal of not gaining weight go right outside the door. A glass of water always works best!
- Do some workout. If you’re going to a party, don’t make that day as an excuse for not working out. If that party will start at night, then you have the morning to do some exercises. You are more likely to eat healthy once you workout that day. Also you can make it as a killer cardio session. You’ll feel good and more confident before going to the party.
- Don’t go to a party hungry. Don’t starve yourself the whole day so that you can eat anything you want that night at the party. Have your usual meal (breakfast, lunch and snack). You can try a protein shake before going to the party so that you will not feel hungry. If you are full, you will be less likely to overindulge.
- Don’t be coerced. There will be always that person who wants you to drink and eat with them at the parties. Their influence sometimes affects your decisions. Their usual intro would be, “Enjoy the food, you don’t need to lose weight,” and others. However, that isn’t a reason for you to over drink and eat, especially that you will be probably attending more than just one holiday bash this season.
- Don’t be absent. Make sure that before the year ends, you are with your friends and family at these kind of events. Focus more on the conversation, company and joy being with your loved ones rather the food. Holiday season is a time to enjoy life and not on the food.
What is your biggest temptation during holiday parties and what do you do to overcome it? Let us know by leaving a comment below.